Woodside begins production from Greater Enfield Project offshore Australia

first_img Image: Woodside draws first oil from Greater Enfield Project. Photo: courtesy of D Thory/Pixabay. Woodside Energy and its partner Mitsui E&P have commenced production from the Greater Enfield Project offshore Western Australia using the Ngujima-Yin floating production storage and offloading vessel (Ngujima-Yin FPSO).Under the Greater Enfield Project, the partners have developed the Laverda Canyon, Norton over Laverda, and Cimatti oil accumulations with an investment of $1.9bn (£1.55bn). The offshore oil project is said to have been brought into production on schedule and under its budgeted cost.Estimated production of Greater Enfield ProjectThe Greater Enfield Project is estimated to produce gross 2P reserves of 69 million barrels of oil equivalent (MMboe) from the three oil reserves.Woodside is the operator of the project with a stake of 60% with Mitsui E&P Australia holding the remaining 40% stake.The partners sanctioned Greater Enfield in June 2016 with a plan to develop the oil reserves by means of a 31km long subsea tie-back to the Ngujima-Yin FPSO. The FPSO is moored at the Vincent field, which is located 50km offshore Exmouth, and in production since 2008.In July 2016, Technip was awarded a subsea contract for the project by Woodside.As part of the Greater Enfield Project, Woodside got a major refit of the FPSO done at the Keppel Tuas Shipyard in Singapore. The FPSO was brought back to waters off the North West Cape in May 2019, and in July it recommenced production from the Vincent wells.Woodside said that installation of subsea infrastructure at the Greater Enfield Project has been wrapped up with drilling of all the six subsea production wells and six water injection wells also completed.Woodside CEO Peter Coleman said: “The delivery of Greater Enfield is further demonstration of Woodside’s capacity to execute the major projects that will underpin our next phase of growth.“The technical and project leadership capabilities applied on the Greater Enfield Project will be carried forward as we progress our plans to develop the Scarborough and Browse offshore gas resources through the proposed Burrup Hub.” The Greater Enfield Project, is made up of three oil reserves, which have been developed as a subsea tie-back to the Ngujima-Yin FPSO at the Vincent fieldlast_img read more

EPD Bomb Squad Receives FBI Re-Accreditation

first_imgEPD Bomb Squad Receives FBI Re-AccreditationThe Hazardous Devices Unit (HDU) was formed in 1972 with EPD’s first FBI certified Bomb Technician. The Hazardous Devices Unit has to meet specific requirements and standards set by the FBI in order to achieve accreditation. The Evansville Police Department’s HDU became an FBI accredited Bomb Squad in 1989, and has maintained that accreditation since.The requirements include maintaining and have operational a list of necessary equipment. They review HDU’s Operational Guidelines, personnel records, and training records. Those requirements and standards are subject to review by the FBI and other Bomb Squad commanders for the reaccreditation process every 5 years. The Evansville Police Department’s HDU recently completed this process and received their FBI accreditation again.FacebookTwitterCopy LinkEmailSharelast_img read more