News UpdatesCovid-19: Allahabad High Court Extends Interim Orders Passed By It And Subordinate Courts Till May 31 Akshita Saxena24 April 2021 2:02 AMShare This – xReviving the suo moto case registered last year, the Allahabad High Court on Saturday extended all the interim orders passed by various Courts and Tribunals in the State, which were subsisting on 15th March 2021, till 31st May, 2021. The order was passed in wake of recent upsurge of pandemic Covid-19, affecting one and all in the State of Uttar Pradesh, consequence whereof the courts at all levels are working with reduced capacity. The extension has been granted by a Division Bench comprising of Acting Chief Justice Sanjay Yadav and Justice Prakash Padia, The order states: All interim orders passed by the High Court of Judicature at Allahabad as well as at Lucknow, all the District Courts, Civil Courts, Family Courts, Labour Courts, Industrial Tribunals and all other Tribunals or Quasi-Judicial forums in the State of Uttar Pradesh over which this Court has power of superintendence which were subsisting on 15.03.2021 shall stand extended till 31.05.2021. The interim orders or directions of this Court or any court subordinate to this Court in the State of Uttar Pradesh which are meant to operate till further orders shall continue to remain in force until modified by specific order of the court concerned. The criminal courts in the State of Uttar Pradesh which granted bail orders or anticipatory bail for a limited period, which are likely to expire, on or before 31.05.2021 shall stand extended for a period till that date i.e. 31.05.2021. Any orders of eviction, dispossession or demolition, already passed by the High Court, District Court or Civil Court, if not executed till the date of passing of this order shall remain in abeyance for the period till 31.05.2021. The State Government, Municipal Authorities, other Local Bodies and agencies and instrumentalities of the State Government shall be slow in taking action of demolition and eviction of persons till 31.05.2021. Any Bank or Financial Institution shall not take any action for auction in respect of any property or an institute or person or party or any body corporate till 31.05.2021. It is however made clear that in case of extension of interim orders as per the present order, any undue hardship and prejudice of any extreme nature is caused to any of the party to such proceedings, the said party/parties would be at liberty to seek appropriate relief by moving appropriate application before the competent Court, Tribunal, etc. “The general direction issued by this order shall not be an embargo in considering such application and deciding the same after affording an opportunity of hearing to all the parties to said lis,” the Bench clarified. It added, “Needless to say, the State and its functionaries will also be at liberty to file appropriate application in respect of particular case for necessary directions.” The situation will be reviewed on 31st May, 2021. Case Title: In Re Suo Moto v. State of UP Click Here To Download OrderRead OrderTags#Allahabad High Court Suo Moto PIL Extension of Interim Orders COVID-19 second wave Next Story
WhatsApp WhatsApp By News Highland – February 1, 2019 Google+ Twitter RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Pinterest Google+ Pinterest Twitter Facebook Nine til Noon Show – Listen back to Monday’s Programme Homepage BannerNews 156 new jobs created in Donegal Gaeltacht in 2018 Arranmore progress and potential flagged as population grows Facebook DL Debate – 24/05/21 Important message for people attending LUH’s INR clinic News, Sport and Obituaries on Monday May 24th Previous articleCouncil to seek more investment for local home help servicesNext articleFinn Harps confirm Tony McNamee signing News Highland Loganair’s new Derry – Liverpool air service takes off from CODA 156 new jobs were created in the Donegal Gaeltacht in 2018.Údarás na Gaeltachta has published its end of year review which also indicates a significant amount of new and upcoming initiatives.When job losses are taken into consideration, there was a net increase of 85 jobs, which means that by year end there were 2,278 jobs in Údarás na Gaeltachta client companies, the highest number of jobs since 2008. This was the lowest ever number of job reductions in the Donegal Gaeltacht and indicates a particular recovery and stability in employment in the Donegal Gaeltacht. It is encouraging for the county’s Gaeltacht areas that there was no fall in employment in the county for 8 consecutive years and that companies are recruiting continuously.Among the companies across the Donegal Gaeltacht in which jobs were created were Arán Ard Teo.; Ard an Rátha; Kombucha Éireannach Teo.; Fáisc Miotail Teo., Páirc Ghnó Ghaoth Dobhair; Snáth Dhún na nGall Teo.; Oileán Glas Teo., Cill Charthaigh; Randox Teo.; Ostre’ an Teo., An Clochán Liath. As is evident, job gains were across a wide range of sectors and company sizes.New InitiativesLast year the Board of Údarás na Gaeltachta approved a number of new projects for the Donegal Gaeltacht in 2018, which will result in 169 new jobs and a projected total investment of €8.44 million when these projects are underway. This indicates the success of Údarás efforts to foster enterprise in the county along with attracting business to the region.A total of 5 new businesses were established in the Donegal Gaeltacht with Údarás support in 2018 employing a total of 19 by year end.Opening of [email protected] innovation and digital hub [email protected] was officially opened in April 2018. The hub contains 20 hot desks and shared space facilities for remote workers and e-workers along with 26 fully-kitted office spaces and business incubation units developed for businesses which are starting up or developing. The facility is a great success and companies such as Pramerica, Meastóirí Domhanda and Optum have been established there. A remarkable growth and development is in store for [email protected] in 2019 during which the second floor will be developed due to €1.5m in funding approved under the Rural Regeneration and Development Fund. A total of 1,725 square metres in workspace/new offices will be provided by the end of 2019 as part of the development.Enterprise Development Forum Action PlanÚdarás na Gaeltachta published the Implementation Report for ‘Enterprise Development on the Gaoth Dobhair Business Park’ in May 2018. This was a final report by the Enterprise Development Forum established in 2014. The implementation report illustrated the achievement of employment targets set out for the approval of 313 full-time jobs during the plan’s period and also illustrated the further actions and partnerships put in place in the implementation of the Development Forum’s recommendations.Social Employment SchemesA total of 324 people were employed on social employment schemes in the Donegal Gaeltacht at the end of the year including 140 on the Rural Social Scheme, 11 on the Tús Nua Scheme, 108 on the Community Employment Scheme and 65 on the Tús scheme. The schemes are managed by 13 supervisors, administered by Údarás na Gaeltachta and funded by the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection.Cooperative- and Community-Based Organisations SchemesFunding of €591,000 was provided for ten organisations under the Community Development Programme in 2018, and these in turn implemented an agreed community development work programme. A new co-operative called Forbairt Eachla CTR was established in An Ghaeltacht Láir in 2018 and the possible establishment of a community development organisation in the Fánaid area will be pursued in 2019.Language PlanningIn 2018, all Language Planning Areas (LPAs) in the Donegal Gaeltacht were engaged in language planning. Along with the two language plans previously approved in the county, the language plan for the Árainn Mhór LPA was approved in 2018. Language Plans for the Tuaisceart Dhún na nGall LPA and the Dún na nGall Theas LPA were also submitted to the Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht for approval.The Cloich Cheann Fhaola LPA had the honour of being the first lead organisation to employ a Language Planning Officer. The Gaoth Dobhair, Rann na Feirste, Anagaire and Loch an Iúir LPA have also employed a Language Planning Officer and an Assistant Language Planning officer to undertake the implementation of the plan in these areas. A recruitment process has begun in the Árainn Mhór LPA to fill a vacancy for a Language Planning Officer. An overall annual investment of €340,000 is involved in the implementation of these plans.It is hoped that language plans for the Na Rosa LPA and the Gaeltacht Láir LPA will be ready to submit to the Department in the third quarter of this year.The language planning process for the Gaeltacht Service Town of An Clochán Liath was begun in 2018 and a series of public meetings was held in the town during the year.
Arsenal confirm £72m club-record signing of Nicolas Pepe from Lille Comment Advertisement He enjoyed a superb campaign last season, scoring 22 times and laying on 11 assists in Ligue 1 – only PSG’s Kylian Mbappe (33 goals, 7 assists) was involved in more goals.Speaking about the move, Pepe told Arsenal’s website: ‘Being here is very emotional because it has not been easy for me. I have come a long way and struggled a lot and so signing for this great club is a big reward.‘It was my family and my agents [who encouraged me to make the move].‘We talked and thought a lot about it. It was at the time of the CAN [Africa Cup of Nations] as well, we thought a lot during, before and after the CAN.‘It was important to make the right decision and I am convinced that Arsenal is the right choice.’Pepe’s arrival continues a busy summer of transfer activity for Arsenal, who have already signed Gabriel Martinelli, William Saliba – who returns to Saint Etienne for the 2019/20 season – and Dani Ceballos on loan.The Gunners are also believed to be looking to offload Shkodran Mustafi and Laurent Koscielny and want to sign a replacement centre-back, as well as Celtic left-back Kieran Tierney, before the window closes.Where will Arsenal finish in the 2019/20 Premier League season?1st0%2nd0%3rd0%4th0%5th0%6th0%7th or lower0%Share your resultsShare your resultsTweet your resultsMore: Arsenal FCArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira movesThomas Partey debut? Ian Wright picks his Arsenal starting XI vs Manchester CityArsene Wenger explains why Mikel Arteta is ‘lucky’ to be managing Arsenal Metro Sport ReporterThursday 1 Aug 2019 4:34 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link5.7kShares Pepe’s arrival smashes the £55m Arsenal paid for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Picture: Getty)Arsenal have confirmed the club-record signing of Nicolas Pepe from Lille, with the Ivory Coast international signing a five-year contract at the Emirates.Unai Emery has been eager to add a new winger to his squad this summer and after being rebuffed by Crystal Palace for Wilfried Zaha, Arsenal stepped up their pursuit of Pepe.The north Londoners have agreed to pay an astonishing £72million for the 24-year-old, beating off competition from the likes of Napoli, and he becomes the most expensive African footballer of all time.Pepe jetted into London on Tuesday and successfully passed a medical, as well as posing for pictures in his new club’s shirt and putting pen to paper on his contract.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENTArsenal will reportedly only pay £20m up front this summer, with the rest paid in installments over the next five years, while Pepe will earn in excess of £100,000-a-week.More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man CityWelcome to The Arsenal, Nicolas Pepe 🤩🇨🇮 #PepeIsHere ⚡️ pic.twitter.com/nXJIB9XdLW— Arsenal (@Arsenal) August 1, 2019 Advertisement