The eight partnered startups are Skill Academy by Ruangguru, Tokopedia, Bukalapak, MauBelajarApa, HarukaEdu, PijarMahir, Sekolah.mu and Sisnaker. Responding to the criticism, Belva tweeted on Wednesday that he played no part in any decision-making in the appointment of Skill Academy by Ruangguru as a government partner. “All decisions were made independently by the Coordinating Economic Ministry and Operational Management,” said Belva on his Twitter account, @AdamasBelva, on Wednesday. He also denied accusations of a conflict of interest over the appointment of his company, adding that “all partners went through a public selection process” and that “the participants are the ones who decide which partner they want to get the benefit from.” Several members of President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo’s expert staff have received public criticism over conflicts of interest regarding double roles in public service and private interests, especially during the COVID-19 outbreak. Adamas Belva Devara, co-founder of education technology startup Ruangguru, is the latest staffer to experience backlash following the naming of his company as one of the government’s eight partners in the pre-employment card program.The program, which was launched on Saturday, offers social aid similar to unemployment benefits with a total worth of Rp 20 trillion (US$1.27 billion). Belva said Skill Academy by Ruangguru had gained popularity, with approximately 1 million users, so he thought it would be reasonable for the government to name it as a partner. “Even though there is no violation against the law in this matter, I am ready to step down [as the president’s special staffer] to avoid assumptions in the future,” he concluded.Indonesian Corruption Watch (ICW) activist Egi Primayogha said no public servant should take a role that has the potential to create conflicts of interest.“So, whatever the reasoning, Belva is still in trouble,” he told The Jakarta Post on Thursday, adding that the fact that Belva was still made a staffer regardless of his position in Ruangguru showed that Jokowi permitted possible conflicts of interest in his administration. Read also: COVID-19: Jokowi staffer criticized for requesting local leaders to support his companySeparately, Rachland Nashidik, a politician from the Democratic Party, condemned the lack of bidding in any partnership between the start-ups and the government over the program. He said that each partner company in the pre-employment card program would receive Rp 700 billion, as reported by tempo.co.Prior to Belva, presidential staffer Andi Taufan Garuda Putra, owner of PT Amartha Mikro Fintek, had also drawn public criticism over a letter asking for local leaders’ support of a COVID-19 relief program led by his company.Advocates M. Sholeh and Tomi Singgih were reportedly planning to report the case to the National Police Crimes Unit for power abuse.”He doesn’t not have any capacity to send letters to the district heads. A Presidential staff member’s duty is only to give advice to the President,” M. Sholeh said as quoted by tempo.co. “Even if there is no harm to the country, corruption proceedings could take place.”Previously, staffer Angkie Yudistia also received criticism about hoaxes she posted on her Instagram account on Mar. 15. The post, which has since been deleted, spread false information about the detection of COVID-19. Meanwhile, staffer Billy Mambrasar received public condemnation after posting a tweet that demeaned the government’s opposition in November. Despite widespread popular disapproval of Presidential expert staff, President Jokowi issued Presidential Regulation No. 56/2020 on Apr. 6, which allowed the Vice President to have a maximum of ten expert staff members from the initial eight.Topics :
Metro Sport ReporterFriday 18 Oct 2019 8:22 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link3kShares David Luiz insists Arsenal can challenge for the Premier League title this season David Luiz is aiming high this season (Picture: Getty)David Luiz believes Arsenal are capable of mounting a Premier League title challenge this season despite currently trailing league leaders Liverpool by nine points.Liverpool have flown out of the blocks at the start of the campaign winning all eight of their Premier League matches to open up an eight-point lead over reigning champions Manchester City.Those two teams are regarded as the leading candidates to win the title after going toe-to-toe in 2018-19. City pipped Liverpool in the end by a point with the Reds finishing 25 points clear of third-placed Chelsea.Luiz, a Premier League winner with Chelsea in the 2016-17 campaign, is aiming high, though, and insists that Arsenal have the players and coaching staff to ‘fight’ for the title.ADVERTISEMENT Comment ‘I think we’ve started really well and we just lost one game in the Premier League,’ Luiz added. ‘I think the team is improving and now we are in third in the table but we want to finish this season fighting for the title.’Luiz joined Arsenal from Chelsea on transfer deadline day and has quickly established himself as a key member of Unai Emery’s side, featuring eight times and scoring the winner during the 1-0 win over Bournemouth prior to the international break.More: Arsenal FCArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira movesThomas Partey debut? Ian Wright picks his Arsenal starting XI vs Manchester CityArsene Wenger explains why Mikel Arteta is ‘lucky’ to be managing ArsenalCan Arsenal challenge for the title?Yes0%No0%Share your resultsShare your resultsTweet your results Advertisement Advertisement David Luiz was part of the Chelsea team that won the Premier League title in 2016-17 (Picture: Getty)‘For me, if you start something, and we’ve just started the Premier League and all of the competitions, if you don’t think you can win the competition then you won’t start anything in your life,’ Luiz told NBC Sports.AdvertisementAdvertisement‘I want to win titles with Arsenal. I want to improve and adapt myself for the style of Arsenal, as a club and how the manager wants us to play. I think we can do that together.‘My vision, my ambition and my will is always to fight for the title and between the club, the players and the coach, we have the possibility to fight for the title. I think this club deserves to shine again.’More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man CityArsenal were beaten 3-1 by Liverpool at Anfield in August but that is their only league defeat of the season so far and they currently sit just behind City in third-place heading into this weekend’s fixtures.
Football governing body FIFA has invited broadcaster in more than 40 countries across Europe to bid for the rights to the 2018 and 2022 World Cups.The organisation has already secured deals for the two tournaments in the US, Middle East and Latin America and is hoping to secure increased bids in Europe. Submissions to FIFA must be received by February 3 2012 and negotiations with preferred bidders will open on February 6 2012.“This tender is designed to help FIFA identify and select the media entity in each territory that is able to operationally secure the transmission commitments required by FIFA, as well as achieve FIFA’s overall objectives of reaching the widest possible audience and financial targets,” said Niclas Ericson, director of FIFA’s TV division.
Viacom will launch its Paramount Comedy channel in Russia in April. The localized service will be programmed with Russian and international content and target the 18-34 demographic.In conjunction with the launch announcement, Viacom said it has hired a new ad sales manager and channel boss for its Russian services. Mikhail Nepomnyaschy joins from Disney and will fill the ad sales role after being appointed commercial director. Andre Gromkovski, meanwhile, joins from Bazalevs Group and becomes head of channel, Paramount Comedy Russia.The roster of international series on the new channel will include South Park and Last Man Standing while. Viacom said that local comedians will also play a key role in the channel’s programming with Dmitry Romanov and other local comics contributing.Viacom would not disclose which platforms the channel will be carried on at launch, but told Informa Telecoms & Media that it would announce distribution partners in March.
Swiss pay TV operator Teleclub’s bouquet of channels is now available via Sunrise Telecom’s recently launched IPTV service.Sunrise subscribers will now be able to receive Teleclub’s 17 channels. A basic package including eleclub Cinema, Teleclub Star and Disney Channel will be available for CHF39.90 (€33) a month with three optional Sport, Movie and Family packs available for CHF9.90 each. Teleclub’s sport offering includes the Raiffeisen Super League, the Bundesliga, Premier League, Série A, UEFA Champions League and Europa League football as well as Swiss national hockey, golf and motorsport.According to Sunrise, “several thousand subscribers” have signed up to its TV offering since its launch a number of weeks ago. Sunrise recently increased the number of HD channels on the service to 40, adding youth channel JOIZ HD along with HD channels from German public broadcasters ARD and ZDF as well as History HD, TNT Serie HD, TNT Film HD, National Geographic HD, AXN HD, Sport 1 HD, MTV Live HD and Fashion TV HD.The operator has also doubled the number of channels available via its catch-up service to 80. It also extended the catch up period from 28 to 30 hours after transmission.
CNN International Commercial (CNNIC), the international news channel’s commercial arm, has named Phil Nelson as chief operating officer to lead CNN’s operational and international growth initiatives outside of advertising sales.Phil NelsonNelson will oversee CNNIC’s business development and strategy, finance, strategic planning and international sales operations as well as content sales and licensing. This includes managing and growing CNN’s relationships with some 300 digital, broadcast and out of home content partners from local CNN branded channels to airlines and hotels that carry CNN content live and on-demand.Previously, Nelson was managing director, Turner North Asia and southeast Asia Pacific. In this role, he has overseen all aspects of Turner’s business in these regions including distribution of CNN International and taking a key role in establishing local partners CNN Indonesia and CNN Philippines.Nelson has also held other business development and strategic planning roles at Turner and has digital experience from his time at AOL, culminating in serving as managing director for AOL Asia.He will report directly to Rani Raad, president of CNNIC, and will work with a range of divisions across CNN and WarnerMedia. He will continue to be based in Singapore in the near-term.“The CNNIC business has continually evolved since it was created back in 2013 to optimise the revenue, brand and commercial partnerships across our dynamic offering of CNN content and products. I am delighted that Phil joins us as we enter the next chapter of our business in a role that brings together all the operational, strategic and non-advertising sales revenue under one leadership. Phil has a first-rate track record at Turner and will bring a unique skillset of business acumen, creative thinking and forensic focus,” said Raad.“After many successful and exciting years at Turner Asia, I am very pleased that my next move is within the WarnerMedia family to a brand as remarkable as CNN. CNNIC has done a great job in innovating and adapting its business to stay ahead of the competition during a period of unprecedented change in the news and media industry. I am looking forward to contributing to this success in the years to come,” said Nelson.