Fairytale historic home for auction

first_imgA fairytale facade. 7 Reading Street, Paddington Qld 4064.A FAIRYTALE historic house in one of the most in-demand suburbs in Brisbane has hit the market – and it’s going to make for a cracker auction come December. Reading House, built 1895, on Reading Street in Paddington, has just come up for sale via auction through The Public Trustee – and there will be no offers considered before the property goes under the hammer. The property has a pool. The views are jawdropping.The Office was marketing it as “an especially rare opportunity to own a part of Brisbane’s history in a tightly held and most desirable blue chip Paddington enclave”.The Public Trustee’s Office was expecting some serious action on this property, and has urged buyers “to begin their preparations now to ensure their success for this once in a lifetime opportunity”.The land size was 810sq m, and it currently has 220sq m of living space. There are several heritage features still in the property.More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus23 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market23 hours ago Dream outlook.The home will be sold at an in-room auction at the Wests Rugby club in Toowong at 6.30pm on Thursday, December 7. Bidder registration opens half an hour beforehand.The property, at the top end of Latrobe Terrace, has jawdropping views of the suburb’s tree-lined streets and the Brisbane skyline.“Reading House is a truly grandiose residence and properly respects a renovation of only the highest specification that will transform this home into an executive residence and one of Brisbane finest Federation Style estates.” The home sits on an 810sq m block.last_img read more

Equinor hires Noble rig for Valemon campaign

first_imgEquinor noted that, being the world’s tallest jack-up rig, Noble Lloyd Noble can stand on the seabed in up to 150 metres of water under tough weather conditions. Equinor said on Tuesday that the contract includes an option for drilling one extra well at the Valemon field and 11 wells that are not included in the same licence. Due to its fragmented high-pressure, high-temperature qualities, Valemon is a complex reservoir. The field is produced by pressure depletion. Additional cost includes integrated services such as managed pressure drilling, treatment of cuttings and wastewater as well as running casing and tubing, further, rig modifications, mobilization and demobilization.  The total value of the day rates for the fixed part of the contract is estimated at around $51 million. “We are very pleased with the job this rig has done for us at the Mariner field off the coast of Scotland, in particular, the safety culture”, says Erik G. Kirkemo, senior vice president of drilling & well operations. Noble Corporation has been awarded a contract by Equinor for drilling three wells at the Valemon field from the summer of 2021, using the Noble Lloyd Noble drilling rig. Valemon is a field in the northern part of the North Sea, just west of the Kvitebjørn field. The water depth is 135 metres. Valemon was discovered in 1985, and the plan for development and operation (PDO) was approved in 2011. The Valemon drilling campaign is estimated to take around 230 days.center_img “With strong onboard leadership they have embedded best practice for safety and have not had any incidents so far in 2020. Through good planning and collaboration, they have achieved strong operational results close to what we define as a perfect well”. The rig contractor also received a master frame agreement with Equinor. The condensate is transported by pipeline to the Kvitebjørn field, and via the Kvitebjørn Oil Pipeline to Mongstad. The rich gas is exported via the previous Huldra pipeline to Heimdal for further export to the UK or continental Europe. “Equinor is exploring new ways of working with suppliers to increase efficiency and create value together. Long-term collaboration with suppliers who deliver on our expectations is an important element in that respect. This way we reward safe and efficient deliveries and keep building on experience and improvement results achieved in past projects”, says Peggy Krantz-Underland, Equinor’s chief procurement officer. The contract is subject to the rig receiving an Acknowledgement of Compliance from the Petroleum Safety Authority Norway. The partners of the Valemon licence are Equinor (66.78 per cent, operator), Petoro (30 per cent) and Shell (3.22 per cent). The field is developed with a fixed production platform with a simplified separation process design. The platform is remotely controlled from an operations centre onshore. Production started in 2015.last_img read more

East Central FFA teams place in state horticulture competition

first_imgSunman, In. — The East Central FFA Chapter had 19 members that competed in the Indiana 4-H/FFA State Horticulture Career Development Event at Purdue University.Thirty-six teams had to use their knowledge to identify ornamentals, indoor plants, fruits, and vegetables. They also had to complete a general knowledge exam and a plant grading exercise.East Central’s top team placed 5th. The team consisted of Heath Doll, Maria Hartman, Rachel Kraus, and Grace Krause. East Central’s second team placed 8th this team consisted of Amelia Hartman, Travis Foote, Erica Kathman, and Anna Loschiavo. East Central’s third team placed 10th. This team consisted of William Sauer, Bella Woodyard, Adrien King, and Jacob Robbins. Joseph Miller competed as an individual.Congratulations to all who competed!last_img read more

Dennis Liske Faces Judge in a Status Conference Following Sexual Assault Allegations

first_imgAddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to MoreAddThisA status conference docket call…was held inside of the Alpena County Courthouse Monday in regards to the Dennis Albert Liske case. The 67–year–old allegedly assaulted his young granddaughter on two separate occasions.The Ossineke Township clerk was charged with a single count of criminal sexual conduct in the second degree. The final status conference will be held on Monday, August 7th, at the Alpena County Courthouse due to a second criminal sexual case in Midland County, where Liske has been charged with two counts of criminal sexual conduct in the second degree.“August 7th for the final status conference. We have the trial date set. I presume if it doesn’t go in Midland. August 7th at 9 am.”Liske allegedly assaulted his granddaughter back in January inside of his home. He also allegedly assaulted the same victim at a Midland hotel during a family gathering for Christmas back in December of 2016.A trial has been set in regards to the Alpena assault case for September 26th through September 29th. Details in regards to Liske’s Midland case have not been released yet.AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to MoreAddThis Tags: Alpena County Courthouse, Dennis Albert Liske, Dennis Liske, status conferenceContinue ReadingPrevious Diocese of Gaylord Release Statement on Rev. Obwaka ‘Not Guilty’ TrialNext Supreme Court Denies Alpena Man’s Request For Appeallast_img read more

FIFA bribery trial kicks off in New York

first_img“They all cheated the sport,” said Edelman of the three defendants, “in order to line their own pockets with money that should have been spent to benefit the sport.”“The evidence will show that for over 20 years, the defendants co-conspired and abused the system,” he said.“They agreed to receive secret bribes, taking away money that could have been spent to promote the sport.”In their own opening statements, lawyers for the three defendants admitted there was widespread corruption at FIFA but argued that their clients were not involved.The trial is due to last five to six weeks, and prosecutors are expected to present 350,000 pages of evidence and dozens of witnesses.If convicted, they will be sentenced by Judge Pamela Chen. The most serious counts each carry a maximum sentence of 20 years.Tens of millions of dollars were hidden in offshore accounts in Hong Kong, the Cayman Islands and Switzerland, US officials said.Around two dozen defendants have already pleaded guilty, and two of them were last month sentenced to jail — Guatemalan ex-soccer official Hector Trujillo to eight months and British-Greek accountant Costas Takkas to 15 months.The others who await sentencing include Jeffrey Webb, of the Cayman Islands, who admitted to receiving more than $6 million in bribes and whose millionaire lifestyle while under house arrest — quaffing champagne, gambling and partying — has infuriated FIFA’s lawyers.While the US investigation did not indict ex-FIFA president Sepp Blatter, he was thrown out of the sport in 2015 after FIFA’s ethics committee found him guilty of making an improper two million Swiss franc ($2.1 million) payment to then-UEFA chief Michel Platini.Blatter was banned from soccer for six years, and Platini, his former heir apparent, for four years.Share on: WhatsApp New York, United States | AFP | Three South American former soccer officials were blinded by greed and accepted millions of dollars in bribes, US prosecutors told the FIFA corruption trial Monday as defense lawyers insisted their wealthy clients were innocent.Forty-two officials and marketing executives, and three companies were indicted in an exhaustive 236-page complaint detailing 92 separate crimes and 15 corruption schemes to the tune of $200 million.It was the largest graft scandal in the history of world soccer, first unveiled by US government prosecutors in May 2015 and lifting the lid on a quarter of a century of endemic corruption in the heart of FIFA, soccer’s governing body.Yet only three of them are going on trial — a trio of once-powerful soccer officials from South America, charged with racketeering, wire fraud and money laundering conspiracies.Their fate will be decided by an anonymous jury, chosen after documented attempts at intimidation. The 12-member panel with six alternates was selected after four days of screening last week.“Lurking underneath the surface are lies, greed and corruption,” US assistant attorney Keith Edelman told jurors in opening remarks Monday, recounting a meeting of soccer officials from all over the world at a Miami hotel in May 2014.“Some of these officials had other reasons to celebrate, they had agreed to receive millions of dollars in bribes regarding the (Copa America) tournament,” he told the federal court in Brooklyn, New York.The most high-profile defendant is Jose Maria Marin, 85, former president of Brazil’s Football Confederation — the sport’s organizing body in one of the premier soccer-playing nations in the world.Since extradition after his 2015 arrest by Swiss police in a five-star hotel, he has been out on bail, living in luxury at Trump Tower, the Fifth Avenue skyscraper best known for housing the penthouse and company headquarters of the US president.Also in the dock is former FIFA vice president Juan Angel Napout, 59, and Manuel Burga, who led soccer in Peru until 2014 and once served as a FIFA development committee member.All three have pleaded not guilty.– ‘Cheated the sport’ –last_img read more

Mother says her young children were allowed to walk home from school without her permission

first_imgA South Florida mother says her two children under the age of 10 were accidentally allowed to walk home from school despite being on the after school pick-up list.The incident occurred Wednesday at North Andrews Gardens Elementary near Oakland Park.The mother, Michelle Gibson, told reporters that she arrived at the school to find that her five-year-old daughter and her six-year-old son were nowhere to be found. After searching the school grounds, she found that her children had been escorted off the school grounds by the principal and allowed to walk home by themselves:“We started looking around the back of the school, the side of the school,” Gibson said. “We found my children four blocks away down walking through the streets towards Andrews. They were holding hands. They were walking.”While the two children were found safe, Gibson says the incident still terrifies her because anything could have happened to them:“They could have been picked up by a stranger,” Gibson said. “They could’ve gotten lost. They could’ve been hit by a car.”The district declined to comment on the specific situation due to privacy rules, however, they did report that they are looking into the matter.last_img read more

Lunch Break Looks to Expand RB Facilities

first_imgRED BANK – Lunch Break is looking to expand.The soup kitchen and food panty, which has been providing food, clothing and the wherewithal for those in need in Red Bank and the surrounding area for nearly 30 years, is seeking borough approval to expand its facility. The organization is looking to build an addition on adjacent properties because of what its executive director said is an increasing need for its services.“We’ve definitely outgrown the space,” said Gwendolyn Love, “even for what we’re doing now.”Love sat at a table in the 121 Drs. James Parker Blvd. facility during lunchtime on Aug. 30 as volunteers and employees worked and moved briskly, serving lunch to the crowd.As she discussed the need for more space to conduct its various programs, a woman approached the table. Chandelle Morris, who lives on Bank Street, sat down at the table with her tray and its modest lunch, a small piece of cake and fruit juice. Morris said she doesn’t have breakfast or dinner most days, relying on her lunch here as her primary meal. “It’s something I look forward to when I get up in the morning,” she said.She thanked Love for what Lunch Break had to offer and turned and said, “They are saving my life.”Love glanced over with smile and thanked Morris for making her point about the work Lunch Break does and the need for the expansion.“We believe Lunch Break can be an instrument in the community to allow people to make it to the next level,” Love said.In June 2011 Justin and Victoria Gmelich, a Rumson couple, donated to Lunch Break two properties on the boulevard, each with a vacant single-family residential home, according to Love.Lunch Break representatives will appear at the borough Zoning Board of Adjustment on Thursday, Sept. 20, with its application to combine those lots and build an addition to the current site.According to the application on file at the borough’s Planning and Zoning Depart­ment, Lunch Break would demolish the existing homes at 113-115 Drs. James Parker Blvd. and use that 7,320-square-foot tract to expand the current 2,989-square-foot facility and build a 2,091-square-foot addition.The addition’s first floor, Love said, will be used, in part, to house Lunch Break’s clothing distribution program. Currently, it operates the program on Saturdays out of the dining area, where individuals and families can come to select free clothing and small household items they need.If the application is approved, the public will be able to drop off donations and pick up items from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays.Lunch Break could also use the site for its other clothing program, called Suited for Success, where clients can get clothing appropriate for job interviews.Along with those programs, Lunch Break would continue to operate its “Internet café” on site, where clients have access to computers and use the Internet connections, often to help locate work.The remainder of the site would be used for administrative offices, file and supply storage and to provide space for the various social service agencies that regularly appear to assist Lunch Break clients.“The new space will allow us to function more efficiently,“ Love said.The addition will “create a one-stop shopping” site for clients, who often don’t have cars or money for mass transit to visit social services offices, Love said.“Business has been too good,” she acknowledged. The facility has been seeing a growing need for services.“With the economy the way it is, with people looking for help, with new people looking for that help, Lunch Break will help them move to that next level in their life,” Love said. “It’s not a handout, it’s a hand up.” By John Burtonlast_img read more

Mallards Team of the Week — East Shore United Soccer Club

first_imgEast Shore United needed a shootout to capture the recent Slocan Men’s Soccer Tournament Crown at the Slocan playing field.The Crawford Bay based squad played a tough squad from Creston to a 1-1 draw in the Championship contest before pulling out the win in the tie-breaker.East Shore finished the tournament undefeated, posting wins over Rossland and host Slocan. East Shore also tied Creston during round robin action. Mallard’s Source for sports is excited to present East Shore with Team of the Week honours.The winning team includes, Dave, Aaron, Vince, Isaak, Noah, Robby, Jason, Jake, Jesse, Wayne, Tim, Simon, Donny, Francis, Gabe, Donovan, July, Aaron, Scully, Lewis, Johnny E., Johnny C., Steve, Dan, Ruben, Allissa, Billy, and Danno.last_img