Holland maintains friendly against Spain and with public

first_imgNetherlands so far it has registered five fatalities due to coronavirus and a total of 503 infected.Koeman’s ListMeanwhile, Ronald Koeman has cited 30 footballers for both friendlies. In the list stand out the player of Barcelona, Frenkie de Jong; the Valencia goalkeeper, Jasper Cillessen, and the center forward of Sevilla, Luuk de Jong.Holland will be one of the rivals of Spain in the selection stop at the end of March. The friendly will be played on March 29 in Amsterdam (7:00 p.m.). Before the Dutch team will be measured at U.S (March 26) in Eindhoven. Luis Enrique plans to give the list of La Roja, next March 22.Koeman has summoned three players for the first time: Mohamed Ihattaren (PSV), Teun Koopmeiners and Owen Wijndal (both AZ). And he has surprised to summon the goal again, Tim Krul, Norwich hero in the FA Cup against Tottenham. Among those cited by the Dutch coach are not missing heavy weights of the costumes as Van Dijk, De Ligt, Van de Beek, Blind, Wijnaldum or Babel. The most significant absence is that of the Lyon striker, Memphis Depay, who is still injured in the knee. The Dutch Football Federation decided this Wednesday, in a closed-door meeting, do not take extra measures to stop the progress of the coronavirus and keep the friendly against Spain scheduled for March 29 in Amsterdam.Both that meeting and the Netherlands-United States on March 26 will be disputed at first with the presence of the publicThe Dutch press reported on Wednesday.The authorities of the province of North Brabant, the most affected by the coronavirus, They announced on Tuesday the suspension of all mass events, including three games this weekend: PSV Eindhoven-Emmen, Willem II-Heerenveen and Waalwijk-Groningen.The federation, after consulting with the clubs, has decided a day later to keep the rest of the Eredivisie matches, which can be played normally. “We will play as much as possible with the public “, the director of the highest organ of Dutch soccer, Eric Gudde, told the “Fox Sports” network.However, he acknowledged that the last decision is taken by the authorities and that the federation will obey if they recommend playing behind closed doors or suspending games.last_img read more

Use-of-force cases still a problem

first_imgThe Los Angeles Police Department continues to need to improve its investigation of use-of-force cases – particularly officer-involved shootings – to satisfy the terms of a federal consent decree, a court-appointed monitor reported Thursday. Kroll Associates’ audit said that while the LAPD has made substantial improvements in transforming the department, there still have been several cases in which inadequate or improper interviews have occurred in use-of-force cases. It noted that improper techniques also have been used in booking evidence and, in one case, a witness was allowed to leave a scene without being properly interviewed. The monitors said there also have been instances in which officers were not separated before they could be interviewed in connection with the cases. rick.orlov@dailynews.com 213-978-0390160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREStriving toward a more perfect me: Doug McIntyre The audit also raised questions over the amount of time officers are allowed to serve in anti-gang units, as well as their supervision. It was controversy over the Rampart Division’s anti-gang units that led to the federal consent decree. But despite those issues, the monitors found general departmentwide compliance – particularly with the biggest aspect of the Teams II computer system. The system was rolled out in July and appears to be meeting its goal of tracking officers, complaints and other incidents, the audit said. And even more importantly, the monitors said it appears the department is increasingly embracing reform. “As LAPD continues to make strides toward substantial compliance with the individual areas of reform, it is important to recognize the difference between transactional and transformative change,” the report said. last_img read more

More than 800 people attend mass for Shaun

first_imgAs Shaun Dunworth from the Bridgend Ramelton remains in an induced coma at the intensive care unit of St Vincent’s Hospital in Sydney more than 800 hundred people attended the ‘Mass of Solidarity’ in St. Mary’s Church on Tuesday evening.Fr Michael Carney PP asked the congregation to join hands in solidarity with the Dunworth family. The emotion, support and sympathy of the congregation in this moment of poignancy spoke a million words.Shaun who is approaching his 21st birthday in late August has been in a coma following the traumatic accident on Warringah Freeway some three miles from the Sydney Bridge at 4.40 on Sunday morning of last week. Police found him lying on the road under the High Street overpass at North Sydney. Fr. Carney was joined by Fr. Desmond Sweeney in the celebration of the special Mass.Members of the congregation described the scene inside the church as deeply moving and inspirational as the community reached out in prayers for the Dunworth family.Shaun has undergone a number of surgical procedures in the past week and as surgeons battle to restore his health, his parents are keeping vigil at his bedside.Stefen and Brenda are in Sydney and their trauma was also in the minds of the congregation on Tuesday evening as Fr. Carney offered prayers for them and wished Shaun a full recovery.The wonderful setting of St. Mary’s was filled to overflowing as was the adjoining old school and members of the congregation also stood outside in the evening sun as they listened intently. Fr. Carney said the Mass was very special and one could sense the intensity of support and love for the family.He said they can take much comfort from the love of the congregation and he asked that Shaun be kept in everyone’s prayers in the days, weeks and months ahead.His parents are keeping the family circle informed several times a day with news of Shaun’s trauma.Shaun went to Australia in January and had just been accepted to commence his visa programme. While the family has been told he sustained serious head injuries and fractured a number of bones including pelvic damage, the full extent of of his brain trauma will not be known until the induced coma is reduced.Fundraising events In Ramelton, the renowned generosity, family relationships and goodwill has been reflected in the fundraising campaign that has already raised in excess of €60,000 including ticket sales for an all-star dance night at the Silver Tassie Hotel on Monday night, September 3rd. The lineup includes, Robert Mizzell, Jimmy Buckley, Gary Gamble, Martin Orr along with Paul and Jason McCahill.A car wash at Sweeney’s on Moorefield last Saturday raised €525 while on Monday night in an impromptu gesture, Ruairi Friel of “In their Thousands’ raised €250.42 during a music session in the Goose and Gander pub in Carrigart on Monday night.On Tuesday night Martin Orr played a fundraiser in the Orchard Inn Letterkenny.Go Fund MeOn Wednesday afternoon the ‘Go Fund Me’ figure had reached €50,000.The link for donations is www.gofundme.com/566czu-shaun-dunworth-recovery-fund Donation envelopes have been printed to facilitate the fund: they are available at Steve’s Café at Market Cross in Ramelton and at Kevin and Maire McFadden’s Shop at Gamble’s Square.On this Friday night there will be a fundraiser in Conway’s Bar. It is a pyjama party and karaoke.Meanwhile Nicky Hanlon of O’Shaughnessy’s Bar is organising a golf outing and he’s appealing for support from all the societies.On Friday week (August 17th) Whoriskey’s supermarket is hosting a coffee morning from 10.00am until 3.00pm.Sincere Thanks One and All!Geraldine Magee (Shaun’s aunt) has paid a sincere thank you to everyone who has supported them in every way over these past ten difficult days: those who’ve called to the family homes: left donations in Steve’s Café; those engaged in fundraising: offering support, the support of the priests: the words of comfort and to those that came to Tuesday evening’s Mass which she described as a very powerful community testimony of faith, love and prayer.The family has been overwhelmed with the amazing sense of generosity and goodwill and it has been an inspiration in helping them get through these difficult times of worry and concern.More than 800 people attend mass for Shaun was last modified: August 9th, 2018 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:AustraliafallRameltonShaun Dunworthlast_img read more