Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.
Topics : Fears over the spread of the virus come as Iraq faces a domestic crisis with nearly 500 people killed since Oct. 1 in mass anti-government demonstrations.”All gatherings in public places, for any reason, are banned, and the relevant authorities must take all measures to enforce this,” said Allawi, who heads the government task force handling response to the virus.Coronavirus is believed to have originated in a market selling wildlife in the Chinese city of Wuhan late last year and has infected about 80,000 people and killed more than 2,700, the vast majority in China. Iraq banned all public gatherings and barred entry by travellers from Kuwait and Bahrain, the health minister said on Wednesday, banning travel to or from a total of nine countries as fears grew over the spread of the coronavirus.Iraqi citizens are now banned from travelling to China, Iran, Japan, South Korea, Thailand, Singapore, Italy, Bahrain, and Kuwait, Health Minister Jaafar Allawi said in a decree seen by Reuters.Allawi also ordered the suspension of schools and university and the closure of cinemas, cafes, clubs, and other public gathering spots nationwide from Feb. 27 to March 7.
“I’m sad to be leaving, but it is in the best interests of both myself and the club,” he said. The 34-year-old had made 145 appearances for the Swans since joining on a free transfer from Southend in 2008, and helped them win promotion to the Premier League through the play-offs in 2011. But Gower has found opportunities limited since Michael Laudrup succeeded Brendan Rodgers and, having spent the latter part of the season on loan at Charlton, has decided to end his spell in south Wales. Mark Gower and Swansea have agreed to terminate the midfielder’s contract a month early. Press Association
Speaking to Capital Sport in Cairo, Egypt where he is in ahead of Friday’s 2019 African Cup of Nations (AFCON) draw, the Belgian tactician who now works with Guinea said he felt he didn’t have enough support to continue in the job.“It was a very hard decision to leave Kenya,” the 63 year old Put says.“I didn’t feel like I had the support at that moment. There was pressure but no support. Opportunities came my way and as a coach you look to get more support. I worked for those three months with 100 percent motivation.”Former Harambee Stars head coach Paul Put ponders on the touchline during the 2017 CECAFA Senior Challenge Cup. PHOTO/Raymond Makhaya“I was very happy in Kenya because it was a nice county with nice people and I was lucky to win CECAFA on my first assignment. But I had to make a decision and it was not an easy one,” the tactician further stated.“The last four or five weeks were very hard for me and if you don’t have the conversation with the people responsible, it’s difficult for a coach. That’s why I decided to move because having support is important,” he added.Put assembled a new look team within few days of arriving in the country ahead of the 2017 Senior Challenge Cup hosted in Kenya and went all the way to clinch the crown, earning praise from foe and enemy.The team was hosted for breakfast by Deputy President William Ruto where they were heavily rewarded for the victory and support promised his way, but the tactician says that was never made possible.He pulled the shock move to resign in February after weeks of speculation and no sooner had he left his job at the Harambee Stars than the Syli Nationale of Guinea snapped him up for the second stint.And, he went on to help the Guineans qualify for the 2019 Cup of Nations having missed out on the 2017 edition, and this he did with one match day to go.Guinea finished top of Group H without losing a match winning three and drawing the remaining three.“Of course it is not the first time for me to be at AFCON but this was special because they did not make it to the last AFCON. The expectation was high this time and I am glad we delivered,” he stated.Former Harambee Stars head coach Paul Put during his interview with Capital Sport in Cairo, Egypt on April 10, 2019. PHOTO/Timothy Olobulu“I changed a lot in the team in terms of the organization structure, team players and sometimes you need luck and I was lucky to have the opportunity to qualify. Iit’s a nice feeling, very proud and hopefully we can play a very good AFCON,” he further added.On their targets for the tournament, Put says; “The first target is to get out of the first round and then from there we see what comes off it. You can go as far as you want if you can manage the first round. It is an exciting moment and sometimes it is important you have luck on your side.”He is eagerly anticipating for Friday’s draw which will be conducted outside the famous Egyptian pyramids in Giza.And what if he draws Kenya on Friday?“We will see, that would be interesting,” he says with a grin.“But we are ready for anyone. There is no small or big team in Africa. It will be tough especially now that there are 24 teams,” he stated.Put is also excited with the form that his star midfielder Naby Keita has picked for his English Premier League club Liverpool. Over the weekend, Keita scored his first Premier League goal for Liverpool and on Tuesday night scored his first Champions League goal for the Reds as they beat Porto 2-0 at Anfield.-Timothy Olobulu is reporting from Cairo, Egypt- 0Shares0000(Visited 6 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Former Harambee Stars head coach Paul Put watches from the touchline during Kenya’s match against Rwanda in the CECAFA Senior Challenge Cup on December 3, 2017 in Kakamega. PHOTO/Timothy OlobuluCAIRO, Egypt, Apr 10 – Former Harambee Stars head coach Paul Put has opened up the lid on his exit from the national team exactly three months after he was appointed to the spot, despite leading the country to the CECAFA Senior Challenge Cup.Put was unveiled as Kenya’s coach at the Football Kenya Federation Annual General Meeting in Mombasa on November 18, 2018, but resigned from the post three months later on February 19.